|Dear Traveler,[this came to me directly from the hotel MD, who I met in 2010]
In October, a year of Centenary Celebrations at Hotel Ritz Madrid will come to a close, but all the spirit and elegance that King Alfonso XIII brought to the Hotel Ritz in 1910 when he opened it still remains at the hotel.
2011 has been a particularly joyous year for Hotel Ritz Madrid and we were delighted to welcome your guests to join us in celebrating this very special anniversary. Throughout the year, they enjoyed an array of unique events including gala balls, a centenary menu composed of dishes served over the last century, amongst a host of many others that commemorated our Centenary and the true spirit of Madrid.
In 2012, Madrid will play host to a myriad of events and the Hotel Ritz Madrid is the perfect place for your clients to stay and enjoy them in full. Please find below a detailed list of these events for your reference.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your support and business so far and look forward to a continuing and successful partnership with you over the coming years.
Please do not hesitate to call should you have any enquiries.
Hotel Ritz Madrid
12 IDEAS TO ENJOY THE HOTEL RITZ & MADRID IN 2012
Guests at the Hotel Ritz will celebrate the true spirit of Madrid thorough out 2012. A variety of occasions are available to get a feel of what Madrid has to offer, month per month:
JANUARY 2012: Family Life after the Christmas Holidays
- 1st to the 8th – Disney Live! at the Municipal Conference Centre: Mickey Mouse and his friends will sing Disney’s greatest hits in a lively show.
- 5th – Cabalgata de Reyes parades throughout the city streets proclaim the arrival of the Three Wise Men with sweets being dispensed to children.
- 17th – Families should not miss the fun of the annual pet blessing at the San Antón Church, observed by hundreds of pet owners.
- The best shopping is during the Winter Sales, when bargains abound in the exclusive designer boutiques of the Barrio de Salamanca, Serrano Street or Jose Ortega y Gasset.
FEBRUARY 2012: It’s Time for Romance!
Guests can celebrate St Valentine with a dance performance full of fire and passion. The Ballet Flamenco de Madrid is back with ‘España baila flamenco‘, an emblematic production vibrating with the most beautifully orthodox Spanish flamenco. This sensual experience is best topped indulging in a Luxury Pampering package at Hotel Ritz.
MARCH 2012: Carnival Celebrations
After fancy-dress competitions and parties across the capital, Madrid’s Carnival celebrations culminate on Ash Wednesday with the Burial of the Sardine. This tongue-in-cheek ritual, led by costumed locals, marks the start of Lent. To be enjoyed in full with Hotel Ritz’s Celebration package.
APRIL 2012: Culinary Discovery is a Must
- 11th – 14th, international “Salon del Gourmet”. A real “foodie” will not miss the opportunity to take a wander around the fair to find every type of Spanish olive under the sun, cured Serrano ham, manzanilla, and all styles of chorizo. A visit to Madrid in those dates is perfectly combined with our Gourmet & Wine Tour.
- Easter, or Semana Santa, is a big celebration with religious parades in Spain and the perfect time to take advantage of our Madrid & Surroundings package to observe deep-rooted traditions and celebrations in Toledo or around the Roman heritage city of Segovia.
MAY 2012: Madrid in Bloom
1st week to 15th – This is the time to see Madrileños celebrating San Isidro, the capital’s patron saint. The fiestas are officially declared open and nightly gigs are held (with the odd classical performance thrown in) at the Plaza Mayor. Music, theatre, painting workshops and more are put on for kids in the Retiro Park. Relax and luxury await guests at Hotel Ritz thanks to the seasonal opening of the Terrace & Gardens, the perfect setting for a delightful al fresco lunch or dinner, or to sample traditional Spanish tapas.
JUNE 2012: Summer Party Time
- On weekends: Festival of Antique Music. Concerts of baroque and renaissance music using period instruments take place in the chapel, theater and the grounds of the Royal Palace. The exquisite guided musical walks have pauses for concerts along the way.
- 9th to 13th – San Antonio de la Florida festival is on: the city’s biggest street party.
JULY 2012: At the Height of Summer
- Between Mid-June and mid-July Madrid hosts an international photography festival, “PhotoEspaña”, with exhibitions, workshops and talks.
- During July and August the town-hall organizes a series of cultural events for what they call Veranos de la Villa, “Summer in the Village”. These include a series of outdoor films, and concerts of everything from flamenco to rock and roll all summer long.
- Families can spend a fun day with the most famous figures in history at the Wax Museum, or head to the Zoo and Aquarium to observe the most fascinating animal species on earth, discover the Warner Bros Park new addition: the ‘Little Shop of Horrors’. To top this with more excitement, the Plenilunio Centre offers Go-Kart tracks adapted for little ones. Find out more on what is available to kids at Hotel Ritz.
AUGUST 2012: Gazing at the Stars
- Madrid´s starry nights can be enjoyed in the streets or our Concierge can arrange a special visit to the Planetarium for a close-up look at the celestial bodies in the universe. The universe is within the reach of boys and girls from four to ten years old who will be engrossed by the digital animation and impressive images from the Cosmos.
- It’s shopping time again. The Summer Sales or Rebajas – as we call them over here – are on! Our Concierge will advise on the very best shops to hit.
SEPTEMBER 2012: Artistic Madrid
September to November: Festival de Otoño (Autumn Festival) celebrates performing arts (music, dance and theatre) with acts from around the world. Combine performing arts with a visit to Madrid’s famous museum with Hotel Ritz’s Art Discovery Package.
OCTOBER 2012: Enjoy the Colourful Days of Early Autumn
- A visit at the Royal Botanical Garden, a natural refuge that hosts over 5,000 species of plants from all over the world. Golden and red tinted, the garden expresses the romantic beauty of the autumnal season. Families can also enjoy an educational visit for kids at the Faunia Nature Park. The park is divided into ecosystems where it is possible to interact with some animal species.
- Opera and Ballet – the season begins at the Teatro Lirico Nacional de la Zarzuela.
NOVEMBER 2012: Jazz & Dance
Every November, top acts from around the globe assemble in Madrid to perform at the Madrid Jazz Festival. Concerts take place at different venues around the city, including the Teatro Fernán Gómez and Teatro Circo Price. During the same month, Madrid en Danza, make theatres and cultural centres come alive with dance performances. Visitors choose from graceful ballet, unusual contemporary and world dance styles.
DECEMBER 2012: Merry Christmas!
- Over 100 stalls occupy Plaza Mayor for the annual Christmas Market, which the Madrilenos visit to buy essential items for a traditional Spanish Christmas. Families will be thrilled by Plaza de Colón, transformed into a lively Children’s Christmas World. The theatre, puppets, storytelling and dance performances are sure to keep children (and parents) occupied in the run-up to Christmas. For those looking for unusual Christmas gifts, then the Craft Market on Plaza de España is the place to find little treasures.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Let your guests enjoy the holiday season to the full with the Hotel Ritz’ festivities. From Christmas concerts to Epiphany celebrations through its world-famous New Year’s Eve gala dinner, the Hotel Ritz brings true meaning to the Magic of Christmas.
Call Josh for details, excellent pricing & the ultimate in service
josh friedman luxury travel at casto
in san francisco’s financial district
415.248.5079 | joshfriedmantravel.com
a virtuoso member agency
yelp! Twitter Facebook Flickr You Tube[sign up for exclusive offers!]