Oceania Cruises’ Loretta Echols, our stellar representative, was in the office last Thursday and here’s a quick download of what’s new with Oceania.
In case you forgot (or didn’t know me then) I was on their new ship, Marina, about a year ago in New York City. Haven’t seen the Riviera, the newest, but it’s identical. I was very impressed and you can read my review here. Or if you’d like to skip directly to my photos, click here.
- Very port intensive if you’re not into days at sea
- Complimentary shuttles into city centers
- Free Airfare on every sailing [and a credit if you don’t need air + business class upgrades]
- Country club casual ambiance [leave your ties at home, gentlemen]
- Cooking school at sea [Marina & Riviera only] sponsored by Bon Apetit
- Children’s program on 2013 Alaska sailings
About the Ships
- Newer 2 ships / higher staff to guest ratio of about 1.5 to 1
- All ships carry 1,250 or less guests vs 2,000 or more with other less premium lines
- Higher staff to guest ratio that other less premium lines
- No charge for specialty restaurants
- Complimentary bottled water and soda
Vs All-Inclusive Luxury
[resulting in overall lower prices]
- Cocktails not included
- Drink packages available [beer/wine or beer/wine/cocktails. Includes gratuities]
- Shore excursions not included
- Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal and Regent have smaller ships, and have a lower staff to guest ratio as well
- Voyager Club hosts and complimentary shore excursion amenity not available, with a couple of exceptions
- Gratuities not included, however we have many sailings where we’ve negotiated them for you!
Book by December 31 for included pre-paid gratuiites (huge savings!) and reduced deposits on 2014 winter sailings.
Call Josh for details, excellent pricing, the ultimate in service & complimentary amenities with Voyager Club.
Top Producer with & Knowledgeable Person for All Luxury Lines:
Seabourn’s Pinnacle Club
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
josh friedman luxury travel
in san francisco’s financial district
415.987.0372 | joshfriedmantravel.com
with travel experts, a virtuoso member agency
yelp! Twitter Facebook Flickr You Tube
[sign up for exclusive offers!]
Read my review of Seabourn Sojourn
Read my review of Seabourn Spirit
Read my review of Silver Cloud
Read my review of Oceania’s Marina
Read all luxury cruise ship reviews with photos
Josh Friedman is a travel agent specializing in luxury travel for small groups and individuals – particularly ultra-luxury cruises, customized vacations and food & wine inspired journeys. Based in San Francisco, and with clients throughout the USA, his business is focused on 24/7 personalized service to the sophisticated leisure and business traveler. His personal relationships with the world’s top hotels, cruise lines and local agencies often allows for exclusive amenities and VIP status.
If you’d like to learn more about luxury travel and our services, please contact Josh Friedman Luxury Travel in San Francisco’s Financial District via phone at 415.987.0372 or email: josh [at] joshfriedmantravel [dot] com. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook, too.
associated with travel experts, a virtuoso member and four seasons preferred partner, 201 spear st., ste 1100, san francisco, ca 94105 cst# 2080753-40