I’ve posted blogs in the past from my Ritz Carlton sales rep extraordinaire Jeremy. Here’s his latest:
Me again J ! This jet lag and I are in an epic battle….and unfortunately I am losing….awake at3am again. Never one to “waste time,” I worked to capture my thoughts on the 36 hours I spent in Singapore while enjoying several cups of coffee this morning. As I ponder my time in Singapore, there are a few key words that continue to resonate in my memories….dynamic, crisp and clean.
Dynamic: The city continues to grow and reinvent itself to meet the needs of its people and today’s economic environment. Did you know that when couples get married they file a housing permit request and in two years…they will be granted a new apartment? Zoning has already been completed for these apartment structures and the city literally builds based upon demand to ensure that the needs of its people are met while not taking away from natural resources
Crisp: While the word efficient probably could have the same meaning…I thought crisp more appropriate as it seemed light and refreshing…similar to the mood of Singapore. Everyone seems to truly delight in the mechanics of the city that create a harmonious balance between city and nature.
Clean: Truly….the absolute cleanest city I have ever seen! No graffiti, trash, etc anywhere!
While Singapore is a great place for long layovers, I would encourage you to make the city more than a logistics hub. Make sure that when you send your guests that they plan appropriately and spend a few days in Singapore so as not to mention the offerings of The Ritz-Carlton and all that this dynamic, crisp and clean state have to offer.
The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore:
- Located in the heart of the Marina Bay neighborhood, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore is the second largest Ritz-Carlton property globally with 608 guestrooms and suites featuring fresh, contemporary décor focused on maximizing the views of the gorgeous, crisp city skyline.
- While I know that many suppliers have a tendency to focus on features….I would be remiss if I did not mention the deep soaking tubs that have the most gorgeous views of the marina and cityscape
- Over 4,200 pieces of gorgeously curated art installations that showcase the sophistication and elegance of the hotel. From Dale Chihuly to Andy Warhol, guests have access to a range of works.
- The Summer Pavilion – While Michelin is just starting to make their first foray into Singapore, let me be the first to tell you how gorgeous this fine Chinese dining restaurant is for guests craving Far East flavors. As with most authentic Chinese restaurants in Asia, dining is enjoyed in private rooms perfect for special occasions. My favorite dishes were the deep-fried stuffed crab shell with crab meat, mushrooms and onions as well as the chilled fresh avocado pudding!
- An oasis in the heart of the city, the Spa at The Ritz-Carlton is in the process of a series of enhancements that will see the first La Mer outpost in Singapore. Guests can also be lazy for the day and bask in the tropical sunshine of the outdoor pool that offers a lush tropical setting in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Singapore
- The Club Lounge is more like a Club Floor! Perfectly situated once again to maximize the views of the city; the standard food and beverage presentations are complemented by chef attended action stations
- Singapore is a crisp, clean city state that is focused on moving forward and maintaining its position as the gateway to Southeast Asia…however there are still glimpses of a cultural past available in the city. The Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery dates back to the nineteenth century and has a unique blend of architectural styles from the Fujian and Guangdong province in southern China
- Children are always extended a warm welcome with a variety of Ritz Kids options that range from ice cream passes for a daily treat to weekend pool side activities
- With many sections designated as national heritage sites, the Chinatown area of Singapore embraces baroque and Victorian architecture that have been melded with Chinese influences. This is the perfect destination for fun shopping and people watching!
- Gardens by the Bay! With a focus on environmental sustainability, Gardens by the Bay is a nature park adjacent to the Marina Reservoir built on reclaimed land. Acting as an urban recreation space, there are several key elements that include a Supertree Grove, a Cloud Forest and Flower Dome.
- Located adjacent to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore; The Singapore Flyer (similar to the London Eye) offers a 40 minute journey that is the perfect showcase of the skyline.
- Rev Up with the Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix! Held in September, this global sporting event creates a party type atmosphere in the city and The Ritz-Carlton is perfectly positioned to see all elements of the race and take in the celebration
josh friedman luxury travel
in san francisco
415.987.0372 | joshfriedmantravel.com
an independent affiliate of travel experts | a virtuoso agency
facebook twitter flickr you tube
Josh Friedman is an old-fashioned travel agent offering highly personalized 24/7 service. Specialties include high-end and bespoke luxury travel for small groups and individuals. His areas of expertise include ultra-luxury cruises, customized vacations & luxury hotel stays. He also plans spectacular honeymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations and completes trips that clients have started and just can’t quite figure out how to finish.
His relationships built over twenty years with the world’s top hotels, cruise lines and local agencies will ensure your successful vacation. As a client you get exclusive and complimentary perks that you can’t get on your own — from VIP introduction to the hotel’s management to upgrades, scrumptious breakfasts and hotel spending credits.
Call Josh for details, the ultimate in service & exclusive luxury hotel amenities with Virtuoso.
4083 24th street, #460250, san francisco, ca 94114 cst# 2080753-40